Friday, October 21, 2005

Santiago day 3

I slept in today due to my new room resembling a cave. It was great. I was successful in locating the correct store and purchasing an electrical adapter for my camera charger. In the US they are not cheap and here I paid one dollar. Sweet. I also tracked down Huelgo which my guidebook calls the continent's best vegetarian restaurant - I'm guessing there isn't a lot of competition. It was yummy. I am starting to do the Chilean giant late lunch and a little snack in the evening. The siesta here is basically an excuse to shop in the middle of the day. The subway is packed between 1 and 3 as are the restaurants and stores.
I went with my Australian museum buddy to the Museo Bellas Artes. They had a Worhol exhibit and some other cool Chilean artists. The building itself is really beautiful. The foyer looks like a greenhouse with a glass roof.
The hostel is nice enough to let me chill here on my down time since my train doesn't leave until tonight. It helped that I booked a room for Dave and I when we come back through at the end of November. This free internet thing is great. I'm thinking my entries will slow down once I have to pay for the internet and once I am away from the big city.
On to the Lake District AKA Sur Chico...
It is at least 20 degrees colder there so I'm thinking I might need to purchase a sweatshirt. I have some warm stuff but it mostly consists of that wetsuit-looking thing. And while it could pass as fashionable here due to the tight Euro look to it, it just isn't comfy.
More later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Susan,
Sounds like your trip is alot of fun! I want to do something like it someday! How is Chile? We hope you have an awesome time!
Love you!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home